Date Like You Know/DatePrep (week 5)
Chapter 11: A Friends-First Approach to Dating
- What are the advantages of seeking to follow a person (Jesus) instead of just seeking to follow a set of principles (the law)? What are the dangers?
- What’s wrong with just wanting to get good grades? Why does God want us to “learn the material?”
- Do you ever struggle with being intentional in relationships? Which ones?
- How would it change your dating life if you sought to invest in your date, instead of impress them?
- What do you like about the definition of Friends-First Dating? Does it raise any concerns/questions for you?
Chapter 12: Ten Fresh Perspectives on Dating to Change Your Relationship Life
- How have you seen a lack of vision impact dating in our culture? (See Proverbs 29:18 or page 135 in the book.)
- If you believe you are called to marriage, what are some specific ways that should impact the way you date?
- With 1 Peter 2:9-12 (page 143) as your inspiration, brainstorm creative ways you could date like no one’s doing it.
- How does the perspective that marriage is the goal, but not the purpose of your dating life change the way you approach and enjoy each date?
- What do you think about the idea of giving love a chance to grow out of a close friendship, instead of seeking to fall in love or get someone to fall in love with you?
- Have you ever been guilty (or the victim) of bait-and-switch dating?
Chapter 13: Casting a Vision for Your Dating Life
- How would it change your dating life if you viewed it as a grand adventure to embark on instead of a series of opportunities to take advantage of?
- If you believed God wanted to change the world through your dating life, how would that impact the way you dated?
- How could you seek to serve your date in a healthy way? How could this perspective get you in trouble?
- How could investing in strong, intimate friendships impact the way you approached dating relationships?
Chapter 14: How to Know If You Are Right for Each Other
- How can grasping the reality that feelings are always real, but not always right impact the way you process and act on your feelings?
- How can infatuation keep you from truly getting to know someone?
- Besides falling into sexual sin, why should you take care how much physical intimacy you seek out in your dating life?
- How can remembering God’s faithfulness (in the word or in your past) impact your dating life?
Watch these videos from for more perspective on dating with intentionality and an investment mindset.
- Date Like You Mean It
- Dating. What’s Intentionality Got to Do with It?
- A Date is a Terrible Thing to Waste
- Drop the Mask and Date
Here are all of them together in our LoveEd playlist, Purpose Driven Dating.
Then for an overview of all 10 of the fresh perspectives on dating to change your relationship life, watch our LoveEd series, Dating 101.