Date Like You Know/Date Prep (week 6)
Chapter 15: How to Know You’re Ready to Date
- What do you stand to gain from learning how to better honor your parents? What do you stand to lose from refusing to learn? (See Ephesians 6:1-3 or page 183 in the book.)
- Why should you try to make peace in key relationships, if others won’t meet you halfway? (See Luke 6: 35-38 or page 189 in the book.)
- How can you find personal peace in the midst of contentious relationships (see Philippians 4:4-7 and John 16:33 or page 191 in the book)?
- What would need to be true of someone who could trust to give you an accurate and honest assessment of 1) the health of your relationship with your parents and of 2) your peacemaking skills?
Chapter 16: Are You Rational, or Do You Rationalize?
- How can healthy, deep, same-sex friendships improve your dating life?
- Why is it important to hold a clear, healthy, and positive view of your own gender and then identify personally and positively with that view?
- Why is it common for people to save up all their deepest, darkest secrets to share with the person they hope to marry?
- How would it change your dating life if you stopped auditioning for your dates, and simply sought to connect with them?
Chapter 17: How to Know God’s Will for Your Dating Life
- Beyond finding a date at church, how could committing to a local body of believers improve your dating life and prepare you for marriage?
- Why is it so difficult in our culture to see the church the way Paul describes it, as a body we need to be a part of? (See 1 Corinthians 12:18-27 or pages 206-207)
- What can you do to guard against a dating relationship derailing your relationship with Jesus?
- If forsaking our relationship with God doesn’t hurt his feelings, why is He so concerned about it? (Jeremiah 2:12-13 or page 212 in the book.)
- Why is it so hard for us to feel our need for God? (See Psalm 63:1-3 or page 212-213 in the book.)
Watch these 3 LoveEd videos on the importance of peace-making for healthy whole dating relationships:
Or watch them together in the playlist, 3 Crucial Life Decisions for Relational Success.
Watch this video from our LoveEd series, Stuff You Should Know Before You Date, on the importance of building strong same-sex friendships before pursuing a dating relationship.
These 4 videos come from a MAN2MAN memo playlist and present the two key character traits a man wants to develop to feel comfortable in the presence of the lady folk. Though each video is speaking to men about women, the same truths apply to women who want to feel comfortable hanging with the guys.
- How to Attract the Right Girl
- What a Girl Wants in a Guy
- Building Your Confidence with the Ladies
- Why Nice Guys Never Get the Girl
Watch this video from our LoveEd series, Purpose Driven Dating, for more perspective on the importance of pursuing healthy church community above your dating pursuits.